Happy Saturday! Who wants cookie dough for breakfast? For all the flavours of chocolate chip cookie dough in your breakfast bowl, try this lovely and comforting cookie dough oatmeal.
I absolutely love oatmeal, or porridge as I probably should say (I know, I know I’m English, but I just prefer the America word, OK?!), and as we are eating a bowl most days now the weather is getting colder, I have been thinking of lots of lovely flavour combos!
I’m on a bit of a cookie dough kick at the moment, as you can see from my cashew cookie dough balls recipe, (I even tried Chocolate Covered Katie’s chickpea cookie dough dip the other day. It was surprisingly good if you wanted to know, and a great way to get 2 toddlers to eat a tonne of chickpeas!.) so I thought cookie dough oatmeal would be a good way to satisfy my craving.
Recipe serves 2 adults and 2 little ones. This is also delicious with a dollop of peanut butter added for peanut butter cookie dough flavoured goodness!
What do you put in your porridge? L x
Cookie Dough Oatmeal
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 and 1/4 cup milk (I use almond or Alpro organic soya)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- handful of dark chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients except chocolate chips to a saucepan, and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for around 5 minutes, until the oats are cooked and it has thickened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and serve immediately.