This is my recreation of some gorgeous cajun spiced nuts we had while out once – yummy peanuts, cashews, almonds and pecans roasted in a delicious cajun seasoning.
These are a really lovely snack to make up in advance and have on hand for when you are craving something savoury, they store well for about 3 weeks in an airtight container.
You can use any mix of nuts you like if you don’t have all those listed on hand. And if you like cajun food, don’t forget to check out my cajun vegetable pasta recipe – it’s one of our favourites!
Enjoy, L x
Cajun Spiced Nuts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 170*C.
- Place nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle oil over nuts and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle of cajun seasoning, salt, garlic powder, sugar, and black pepper over nuts. Toss to coat evenly.
- Pour nuts onto a large baking sheet and place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring after 10 mins. Keep a close eye on them as they do burn quickly (I forgot about mine and burnt them a bit!)