Hot baked spuds topped with a fresh Italian tomato mix make these bruschetta topped jacket potatoes a gorgeous vegan meal.
I think Spring might finally be here – what a gorgeous bank holiday weekend it has been! We hit the park yesterday and it was so lovely to soak up a bit of sun. I also spent a lot of yesterday in the garden planting a few plants bit ready for some summer fruit / veg – so I’m really ready to get lots of spring / summery meals on the go and say goodbye to soups and stews for a while!
Jacket potatoes are a really easy weeknight meal for us, and I’ve been on the lookout for yummy vegan topping ideas since we cut out meat and dairy last summer – baked beans soon get boring! This is one of my favourites, it uses the same bruschetta topping as my easy tomato and basil bruschetta recipe which is really lovely piled into a soft and fluffy jacket spud!
Bruschetta Topped Jacket Potatoes
- 2 jacket potatoes (cooked)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 small clove garlic (I added one but I love garlic – use less if you like)
- Approx 2-3 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and add to a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the basil leaves and add to the bowl.
- Crush in the garlic clove.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of oil and and one teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and give it all a good mix.
- Pop the mix in the fridge for at least half an hour to let the flavours mingle.
- Spoon into hot, cooked jacket potatoes.