The ooeyiest gooeyiest best ever vegan cheese sauce – that is soy free, gluten free, nut free and made from vegetables!
A lot of the vegan cheeses you can buy in supermarkets are really crappy at melting, so I find this is loads better as a cheese substitute where you want a more saucy cheese. When making it, don’t leave the chicken seasoning out, somehow it really makes it!
This is so good on toasties / paninis, on pizza, as a sauce for macaroni cheese and slathered all over Mexican dishes like chilli, quesadillas, nachos, tacos, fajitas or enchiladas. It’s also lovely slopped onto chips – everyone needs chips and cheese sauce once in a while!
You can adapt the sauce by adding extra flavourings like pesto, cajun spice, roasted red peppers, jalapenos or chilli sauce. I love it with a teaspoon of jarred jalapenos blended in on nachos!
It stores really well in the fridge, but it does set a little so you might need to warm it up a little on the hob or in the microwave before you use it again.You can add extra water to thin in out if you need to.
I’m so excited to share this! If you make it, don’t forget to let me know what you think! L x
Best Ever Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- Half of a cup veg cooking water
- A third of a cup olive oil
- 4 heaped tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Half a teaspoon Schwarz chicken seasoning
- Half a teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel, dice and boil the vegetables until soft (about 15 mins).
- Drain, reserving half a cup of cooking water.
- Add reserved cooking water, cooked vegetables and all the other ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slather the gooey cheesey good stuff on eeeeverything! L x