Bite size chunks of cauliflower baked in seasoned batter, then tossed in a sticky and spicy sauce. These little baked cauliflower ‘wings’ are vegan and super easy to make too!
Serve them macaroni cheese like I did, or with some vegan chicken nuggets (I like Fry’s the best!) or tofu fried ‘chicken’, and chips slathered with my best ever vegan cheese sauce for a vegan take-away style feast!
I have covered these in a spicy hot sauce ( I discovered sriracha a few weeks ago and am putting it on eeeeverything!), but you could cover them in BBQ sauce too for a milder flavour.
Enjoy! L x
Baked Cauliflower Wings
For the battered cauliflower:
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- Half a cup (125ml) of water
- A quarter cup (50g) white flour (or gluten free flour of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the sticky glaze:
- 1 teaspoon melted vegan butter / spread (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons sauce / chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 180*C and spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Mix batter ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dip the cauliflower in batter, then place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients and pour over the cauliflower, tossing to ensure it is all coated.
- Bake for another 15 mins.