You won’t believe this gorgeous almond maple granola is vegan, oil free and refined sugar free too! It makes the perfect healthy breakfast teamed with fruit and your favourite plant milk or yoghurt.
It is based on my super easy peanut butter granola recipe, but I didn’t fancy anything peanutty this morning so swapped it out for milder almond butter and also added in some extra nutty goodness with some smashed up almonds too. It was absolutely delicious, even the kids devoured a huge bowlful with yoghurt 🙂
It reminded me just how easy it is to make and that I really need to make granola more often! After cooking and cooling you can add dried fruits / chocolate chips if you like. Stores well in a container.
Enjoy, L x
Almond Maple Granola Recipe
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Half a teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half a teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Half a cup of almonds (bashed into smallish pieces with a rolling pin, or with a few pulses in a food processor)
- 1 cup of oats
- Preheat the oven to 160*C.
- Gently melt the almond butter and maple syrup in a pan for a few minutes or in the microwave (for about 20 seconds).
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, almond and oats and mix really well.
- Dollop the mix out onto a parchment lined baking tray (or just a normal baking tray with a few sprays of cooking oil on) and spread into a thin-ish layer.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let cool on the baking tray before serving – don’t worry if it seems soft at first, it will crisp up as it cools down.