I have seen the idea for these banana oat cookies on Pinterest a few times and since I am trying to be a bit healthier I thought I’d give them a go. They are sugarless, flourless and only contain 2 ingredients, banana and oats. You can of course add anything you like to this base recipe, spices, chopped nuts, chocolates chips etc. I added a teaspoon of cinnamon.
I am rubbish with cup measurements (how big is a cup?!) so I have put my measurements on in grams to be more precise, but the majority of recipe say go with 1 cup of oats to 2 bananas if you prefer to measure in cups.
When these came out of the oven I was pretty pleased with them but then gave them a little drizzle of honey for some added sweetness – I think this really made them feel like a proper sweet treat! You could also drizzle with fruit puree, yoghurt, maple syrup or golden syrup.
Me and my hubby both thought these were a great post-workout guilt-free snack that we’ll definitely be making again 🙂
4 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Honey for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 180*C / 350*F
2. Thoroughly mash bananas in a bowl.
3. Add oats and cinnamon (if using) and mix well.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper (or grease a baking tray well) and put dollops of the mixture on there flattening them as much as you like, you can make really flat cookies or more ball shapes like I did.
4. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until starting to go golden on top.
5. Serve warm or cooled, drizzled with honey ( if using)